Friday, November 7, 2008

Backbone Stocks

I was asked for a list of what I thought my backbone stocks were in my portfolio. I have done a spreadsheet to show them and some pertinent information on each stock. Below, I have some comments on some of these stocks.

First, I will mention Pembina. What can I say, but that I really like pipelines. I have made a great deal of dividend income from pipeline stocks over the years.

I have RIOCan. I rent, not own where I live. Having some real estate is good, although I lean towards industrial and retail rather than apartment REITS.

I have Bank of Montreal as a maybe. This is because I might get rid of some of it. If I were buying banks today, I would get Royal Bank, TD and Bank of Nova Scotia. I do not believe I would buy Bank of Montreal. I have had this bank since the 1970’s. However, it is not the same bank as it was when I bought it back then. The rest of the maybes I am just trying out.

See my spreadsheet at www.spbrunner.com/stocks/portfolio.htm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website at www.spbrunner.com/stocks.html for a list of the stocks for which I have put up spreadsheets on my web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment